Wednesday, February 11, 2009

India won't succumb to pressure in T20 World Cup: Yuvraj

Expectation would be sky high but players would not allow the pressure to bog them down when India travels to England to defend the Twenty20 World title, star batsman Yuvraj Singh said.The architect of India's triumph in the inaugural edition of 2007 ICC Twenty20 World, Yuvraj said the pressure of coming in as defending champions would not weigh on his mind or that of his teammates."There is always pressure on defending champions. But our side does not get weighed down by expectations. We just enjoy playing as a team and, generally speaking, our form in Twenty20 cricket has been good," Yuvraj said.India will face Bangladesh and Ireland in the group stages and Yuvraj is happy with the teams for the event scheduled in June."It does seem like a good group. I wouldn't say it's an easy group because Twenty20 is a very unpredictable form of the game. On their day, any side can perform. I've always enjoyed playing in England the weather is great and the crowds are good."Also playing away from home, there is less pressure from the media. I'm really looking forward to the event. It should be a good one," the left-hander was quoted as saying by an ICC newsletter.

No comments: