Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No pressure on Aragones

Luis Aragones insists he can cope with the pressure at Fenerbahce following an average start to his reign at the Turkish giants.Aragones, who took over at the club this summer after guiding Spain to the Euro 2008 title, is feeling the heat from the Turkish media after defeats in three of their opening five Super Lig games and taking just one point from two Champions League encounters.However, the vastly-experienced 70-year-old coach insists he has seen it all before and is not letting the situation get to him."I have very broad shoulders, I know perfectly about pressure because I have experienced it in my country and I'm not worried," Aragones said following his side's goalless home draw with Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday."I am a professional, it's easy for you (the media) to talk about football but...I never talk about journalism," he added with a smile."I'm sure we can get through these difficult times pretty quickly. There are four more (Champions League) games to play."Despite seeing Fenerbache's eight-match European winning streak at home come to an end against Dynamo, Aragones was able to take plenty of positives out of Tuesday's performance."I cannot be happy with the result because Fenerbahce deserved to win, both through their play and for the chances created," he added."We've gone out to win the game from the first minute, those who have played with fear have been Dynamo."Fenerbahce have been greatly superior in the second half, they have not had a single chance against us which is quite difficult against a team who play very well on the counter-attack."This is the path for us to follow," Aragones said in quotes reported by Marca.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interested in link exchange
shafar@in.com