Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shane Warne: Rajasthan Royals got me cheap!

Australian spin wizard Shane Warne justifies the moolahs the cash- rich Indian Premier League (IPL) showers on its players and in fact feels that he deserved to be paid more since his team won the tournament.

'I reckon I deserve a lot more now that we won it. The franchise has tripled, maybe quadrupled in price. They've got me cheap!'

Warne still savours the last ball victory that crowned Rajasthan Royals the winners of the inaugural IPL in June and says he is eagerly waiting to defend the title in the second edition, beginning in April.

'The first year (IPL) was amazing. I'm really looking forward to going back and defending it. No one can ever take that title away from us. What an achievement. It was a fairytale. Especially for all the younger players,' Warne said in an interview to Observer.

Asked how he dealt with the food problem in India, Warne said: 'The wonderful people of Jaipur now make an amazing margherita pizza. I've spoken to the chefs and they've got it down pat. So I'm a lucky man. It's making me hungry thinking about it.'

'But the most ambitious food I ate was when I had a bit of the old hot salami on the pizza maybe once. It was interesting but I'm not sure I'd do it again in a hurry,' he said.

No comments: